Develop a Site in the Lafayette Region
Development-ready sitesfor a competitive region
One Acadiana's Site Development program is designed to increase the region's portfolio of marketable, development-ready sites by certifying land within our nine-parish region. This is achieved through partnership between One Acadiana, the local economic development organization (EDO), and land owner.
Director of Site Development
What is a Certified Site?
A Louisiana Economic Development Certified Site is a development-ready industrial site that has completed a rigorous review process to answer as many development questions as possible. Specific site details are assessed for compliance and authenticity.
Extensive Review Process
- Zoning restrictions
- Title work
- Environmental studies
- Soil analysis
Advantages of a Certified Site
- Development ready
- Substantial due diligence completed
- Significant site information gathered and documented
- Independent third-party engineering review
- Uncertainty and potential obstacles eliminated through enhanced site knowledge
- More competitive
- Greater marketability
- Granted priority in site proposal
The due diligence performed during the certified sites process delivers a property with minimal uncertainty through enhanced site knowledge. This allows One Acadiana to present more competitive, marketable sites to potential companies during the business development process.
Cost Benefits of Certification
- 75% of engineering costs reimbursed by the state.
- 25% of remaining cost is shared between One Acadiana, local partner, and landowner.
- Increased exposure of site both nationally and internationally through regional and state business development efforts.
Learn More About Site Development
Download our site development one pager to learn more about our program.
We're Certifying Sites
Discover the acres of land certified through One Acadiana's Site Development program.
T.O. Allen Industrial Parks
The first certified sites in Jeff Davis Parish boast a total of 704 acres with access to railway, Highway 90, and Intestate 10.
Acadiana Regional Airport
This 64.3-acre tract, sitting along the 8,002-ft. runway at Acadiana Regional Airport is the first certified site in Iberia Parish.
536-acre site ideally located on I-10 frontage, just west of Crowley.
Subscribe to Our E‑Newsletter!
Get monthly updates on the latest news, events, and initiatives from Acadiana.