Lafayette Region Site Development
Development-ready sitesfor a competitive region
One Acadiana's Site Development program is designed to increase the region's portfolio of marketable, development-ready sites by certifying land within our nine-parish region. This is achieved through partnership between One Acadiana, the local economic development organization (EDO), and land owner.
Director of Site Development
What is a Certified Site?
A Louisiana Economic Development Certified Site is a development-ready industrial site that has completed a rigorous review process to answer as many development questions as possible. Specific site details, like the following, are assessed for compliance and authenticity:
- Zoning restrictions
- Title work
- Environmental studies
- Soil analysis
Advantages of a Certified Site
- Development ready
- Substantial due diligence completed
- Significant site information gathered and documented
- Independent third-party engineering review
- Uncertainty and potential obstacles eliminated through enhanced site knowledge
- More competitive
- Greater marketability
- Granted priority in site proposal
The due diligence performed during the certified sites process delivers a property with minimal uncertainty through enhanced site knowledge. This allows One Acadiana to present more competitive, marketable sites to potential companies during the business development process.
Cost Benefits of Certification
- 75% of engineering costs reimbursed by the state.
- 25% of remaining cost is shared between One Acadiana, local partner, and landowner.
- Increased exposure of site both nationally and internationally through regional and state business development efforts.
Learn More About Site Development
Click the image above to download materials.
Download our site development one pager to learn more about our program.
Subscribe to Our E‑Newsletter!
Get monthly updates on the latest news, events, and initiatives from Acadiana.