With a robust set of engagement opportunities and built-in benefits, such as digital and print directory listings, free ribbon-cuttings and other business milestone celebrations, plentiful networking opportunities, and access to invaluable business resources, your membership will enhance both your business presence and personal stake in the community.
Engage with us
Manager of Membership Engagement
Gain the Value of Membership
Your depth of involvement is up to you, and once you join, you’ll get access to a number of benefits, including:
Make the most of your membership by taking advantage of the benefits outlined below.
Check out our 2015 Annual Report and Member Directory
LET US BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU:
- Priority access to over 100 annual events
- Networking opportunities each month
- Cost-savings of member pricing at all 1A events
- Community involvement through member-only committee access
- Regular, informative updates from the 1A team about the issues you care about most
- Opportunities to promote your brand through a variety of sponsorship options. View our 2017 sponsorship guide.
- Exclusive opportunity to become a 1A Ambassador (max. 50; wait-list available to members only)
- Complimentary ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings, and grand openings (eligible for 1 per year with active membership)
- Referrals for all inquiries coming to the 1A office
- Listing on 1A website and annual business directory
- Access to small business resource center
- Access to 1A’s new community calendar in order to promote your upcoming events
Ready to gain access to all this and more?
Fill out an online membership application today!Join now
Get Access to Events Year-Round
With over 100 events a year, 1A offers members plenty of opportunities to gain the connections you want, the knowledge you need, and the exposure you’re seeking to make your business successful.
1A’s premier annual event designed to bring together the region’s businesses and economic development partners for a celebration of Acadiana.
1 event per year
Building the Region Conference
Each year, this two-day traveling conference showcases multiple parishes in the 1A region. Participants get an in-depth look at the industries driving our local economy and interact with change-makers shaping Acadiana's future.
1 event per year
Acadiana Women’s Network
This program is designed to foster connections and career development among women in business. These events aim to encourage and promote professional leadership across geography and generations.
4 events per year
Lessons from the Corner Office
Featuring premiere executives and business leaders, this new series offers a behind the scenes look at what it takes to lead and thrive in the marketplace, including how top managers confront challenges.
2 events per year
An Expert’s Perspective
This symposium series taps the experience of state and national experts to gain insight on subjects ranging from public policy issues, including urban revitalization, to business topics like strategic marketing.
4-6 events per year
Socials offer an opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow 1A investors, members, and partners. These larger events are loose on programming and heavy on conversation.
2-3 events per year
Small Business Workshops
These six to eight week courses are held in partnership with The Opportunity Machine and focus on further developing entrepreneurship skills with business owners and their teams.
10-12 events per year
A new, no-frills monthly lunch series focused on issues of regional interest, including arts and culture, energy, and business development. These luncheons are held on the last Friday of every month.
10-12 events per year
Check out our upcoming events page for your next opportunity to get involved.
Subscribe to Our E‑Newsletter!
Get monthly updates on the latest news, events, and initiatives from Acadiana.