A United Region
To reach our fullest potential, we need to think of Acadiana not just as a collection of communities but as a deeply connected regional economy.
Strength in Numbers
In order to improve the quality and long-term sustainability of our regional community and economy, we believe business needs to lead. We know achieving our region’s full potential will require a collaborative approach, which is why we built an inclusive organization that welcomes all members, investors, and partners to work with us in making Acadiana a place that defies social and political fragmentation by forming alliances and developing solutions.
What are we doing to build and strengthen regional relationships?
- Every parish represented on 1A Board of Directors
- Bi-monthly meetings of local chambers, EDOs, and tourism offices (“Acadiana Regional Alliance”)
- Bi-monthly meetings with business development allies incl. local EDOs and utility partners (“Acadiana Allies”)
- Monthly written updates to local partners, including chambers, EDOs, tourism offices, and elected officials
- Staff liaison assigned to each parish (and each municipality within Lafayette) with regular outreach goals
- Expanding events and activities to include regional audience (i.e., Held first annual “Building the Region Conference,” highlighting the coastal parishes (Iberia, St. Mary, Vermilion))
Subscribe to Our E‑Newsletter!
Get monthly updates on the latest news, events, and initiatives from Acadiana.