Bridging the Digital Divide
Link & Learn
Building a healthier, fairer economy starts with ensuring all students have equitable access to the high-quality education they need to obtain good jobs, grow businesses, or launch new companies.
Right now, that means helping students access the devices, internet connectivity, online resources, and other tools they need for remote learning.
Powered by 1A Investors, Members, & Partners
Link & Learn is a groundbreaking public-private partnership led by One Acadiana, Love Our Schools, The Pugh Family Foundation, the William C. Schumacher Family Foundation, and Lafayette Parish School System to address the digital divide in our community.
Since late May, One Acadiana has worked alongside member and investor businesses and community partners to create and support connectivity solutions to enable all LPSS students to participate in remote learning, including:
- Expansion of Wi-Fi access to cover parking lots at all 44 LPSS school locations
- Deployment of 45 Wi-Fi-equipped school buses
- Establishment of Link & Learn community networks at 2 locations
- Creation of a new LPSS Link & Learn Help Desk staffed by LPSS technology coaches for 45 hours per week
Link & Learn Locator – Use our interactive map to find a Link & Learn Wi-Fi location near you.
Lafayette Parish – AT&T, Cox, and LUS Fiber are offering qualified families in Lafayette Parish access to low-cost, open, wireless internet to help students stay connected during the school year through the Link & Learn program. Click here to learn more.
Vermilion Parish – Kaptel, AT&T, and Cox are offering qualifying families in Vermilion Parish access to low-cost, open, wireless internet. Learn more here.
Link & Learn Help Desk – Assists students and families with questions about internet connectivity, device usage, and apps. Open 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday – Friday. Visit helpdesk.lpssonline.com or call 337.273.0755.
Learn more about 1A’s educational attainment initiatives.
How to Help
You can make an online donation to the Link & Learn Fund through the Community Foundation of Acadiana. Click here to learn more.
Want to get more engaged? Email 1A's VP, Policy Initiatives & Governmental Affairs André Breaux.
In the News
- Nov. 2020 - Link & Learn Extends Deadline for Internet Access (KATC)
- Oct. 2020 - Smart buses bring extension of internet to LPSS students (KATC)
- Oct. 2020 - Bayou to Beltway: October 14, 2020 (KRVS)
- Oct. 2020 - Applications open for LPSS-funded in-home internet service; part of bid to close digital gaps (The Advocate)
- Oct. 2020 - LUS Fiber to provide free, low cost internet to families in need (KATC)
- Oct. 2020 - One Acadiana partners with love our schools for virtual 'link and learn' program (KADN)
- Sept. 2020 - Lafayette families can tap into new help desk to navigate technical troubles while learning at home (The Advocate)
- Sept. 2020 - Lafayette schools technology help desk designed to close educational gap, digital divide (The Daily Advertiser)
- Sept. 2020 - Help desk unveiled to assist Lafayette Parish students with tech issues (KATC)
- Sept. 2020 - Lafayette parish students and parents now have a help desk for school tech issues (KADN)
- Aug. 2020 - Louisiana school district puts $1.5M toward digital divide (Govtech.com)
- Aug. 2020 - Lafayette school system commits $1.5 million to provide internet for qualifying students (The Daily Advertiser)
- Aug. 2020 - Lafayette school board devotes $1.5 million to closing internet connectivity gaps for students (The Advocate)
- Aug. 2020 - Connecting where and when it counts (Stand.org)
- July 2020 - The digital divide threatens education in Lafayette (The Current)
- July 2020 - LPSS partners with internet providers to prepare for possibility of virtual learning (The Daily Advertiser)
Subscribe to Our E‑Newsletter!
Get monthly updates on the latest news, events, and initiatives from Acadiana.