1. Give me a brief history of your company. Dat Dog first opened in a 475 square foot shack in New Orleans in 2011. Since then, we have grown to three locations in New Orleans and one in Lafayette, LA, with Dat Dogs headed to Houston, College Station, TX, and Baton Rouge. With a diverse menu that includes traditional hot dogs, gourmet sausages, chicken, burgers, and vegan options, and over 30 toppings to choose from at no additional cost, there’s something for everyone at Dat Dog.
2. What would you tell the rest of Acadiana makes you special?
One thing that makes us special is our love for the Culture we have created within our cities and our stores. As we expand as a business and as a community partner, we make it our number one focus to continue our growth the way we know how...our love for hot dogs and hospitality! We welcome people from all walks of life to join us and find their bliss, find family within our walls, and friends that will always put a smile on their face.
3. What are you most proud of?
We are most proud of the diversity, respect, and authenticity that we cultivate within our company.
4. Where do you see your business in 10 years? What are your plans for the future?
Dat Dog is growing! With restaurants to open in Houston and College Station, TX, and Baton Rouge, as well as plans to expand to the rest of the Gulf South and beyond, we hope to bring a little bit of South Louisiana culture to new cities while embracing and serving the communities in which we reside.
5. 1A is “Focused on Forward” – meaning we are taking an active role of improving the community we live in. Our members are Focused on Forward, too! - What does Focused on Forward mean to you? How is your company Focused on Forward?
Focused on Forward means listening to the community and taking an active role in serving and improving. At Dat Dog, we partner with community groups like Son of a Saint, Zeus’ Place, and the New Orleans Musicians’ Clinic in NOLA, and Hearts of Hope and Acadiana Animal Aid in Lafayette. Through these partnerships, we are able to aid in tangible, effective change that touches the lives of men, women, children, and animals in our communities.