Welcome to Lafayette and the Acadiana region, we’re glad you’re here! Whether you are new to Lafayette or have returned to the area after spending some time away, the resources below are a great place to start to get plugged into the city.
I’m New to Lafayette:
- Welcome Guide
- Downloadable map of Lafayette and Lafayette Map Explorer
- Lafayette 311
- Intro Lafayette
- Community Links (Cultural institutions, media outlets, and affiliates)
- Lafayette Parish School System
Things to do in Lafayette:
Places to Stay
- Learn about 6 Top Places to Live in Lafayette
- Book A Hotel
- Housing Links
Business & Economy in Lafayette:
- Learn more about One Acadiana, Lafayette’s Chamber of Commerce and Acadiana’s Regional Economic Development Organization
- One Acadiana’s Business and Member Directory
- Lafayette Economic Development Authority
- Downtown Development Authority
- Local Job Board
Get More Involved in the Lafayette and Acadiana Community:
- Parish Proud Beautification and Placemaking
- The705 Young Professional Group
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Leadership Institute of Acadiana
- Cities in Lafayette Parish
Learn More About One Acadiana’s Nine Parishes:
Lafayette is the hub of Acadiana, a region of southern Louisiana that was settled by French-speaking Acadians, also known as Cajuns, in the 18th century. The city is known for its Cajun and Creole culture, its music, food, and festivals.
Lafayette is a growing city with a strong economy. The city is home to a number of industries, including manufacturing, agriculture, and tourism.
Lafayette is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. The city has a low cost of living, a strong sense of community, and a variety of things to do.
Read Why Lafayette is a Great Place to Live and Do Business
We are truly coming together as an effective regional voice for business. One Acadiana is living up to its name. In sharing our ideas and our concerns across parish lines, we are able to work collaboratively to help fight for business at the local, regional, and state level.