Success is in Our Culture
Acadiana features some of the lowest costs in the United States to do business, making it an ideal place to start, expand, or relocate your business. Our business-friendly environment is bolstered by low taxes, low utility rates, competitive wages, and robust incentives. An immense educational infrastructure provides a strong workforce, skilled in technological fields, precision manufacturing, research and development, and much more. Our market accessibility is a differentiator in the Gulf Coast region, with easy access to interstate, rail, ports, and airports.
Home to a unique cultural environment, deeply rooted in Cajun and Creole heritage, Acadiana is not just a great place to work – it is a wonderful place to call home. Residents enjoy a low cost of living, benefitting from low prices for basic essentials such as groceries and retail goods – as well as some of the lowest residential energy costs and property taxes in the country. These are but a few of the reasons why people who move to Acadiana stay in Acadiana.
One Acadiana Services
Our business development staff provides a wide range of services to support the creation and retention of businesses in the region. All of our services are coordinated with our partners, which include local economic development organizations, utilities (Entergy, SLEMCO, CLECO, Atmos Gas) and many local parish and municipal development authorities. Services provided by One Acadiana include the following:
- Site Selection – We can assist in making site selection decisions and also provide logistical support and hosting for company site visits.
- Business Incentives and Taxes Navigation – We can assist in identifying available business and tax incentives and help guide companies through the incentive process on both local and state levels.
- Customized Market Research – We provide valuable research data related to the region, labor, education, real estate and more.
- Workforce and Talent Availability – We can connect companies with the talented employees needed to create, expand or maintain a successful business.
- Access to Business Leadership – We can facilitate introductions to key business and governmental leaders and organizations that can help local companies succeed.
- Regulatory Navigation – We can help guide companies through the process of obtaining permits and meeting any applicable regulations.
Acadiana has a number of impressive ingredients, like an unparalleled culture, dynamic workforce, and logistical assets, just to name a few. One Acadiana is bringing the right group of leaders to the table to discuss how we utilize them to put our nine-parish region on the map as the right place to do business.