Lafayette, LA – One Acadiana (1A)’s leadership has announced new appointments to the board. The Board of Directors of the economic development organization and chamber of commerce will focus in 2024 on business development, policy, and membership initiatives.
The region’s business leaders invested in 1A elected the following 2024 Officers:
- Jerry Prejean, First Horizon Bank, 2024 Chair
- Al Patin, Ochsner Lafayette General, 2025 Chair-Elect
- Mary Desormeaux, Community First Bank, Treasurer
- Blaise Zuschlag, Acadian Companies, Immediate Past Chair
“One Acadiana remains committed to strengthening the economic base of our nine-parish region,” said Jerry Prejean. “As the new Chairman of the Board, I am honored to collaborate with such a diverse and talented group of leaders as we work toward our goals of attracting and retaining high-paying jobs, ensuring regional infrastructure investments, strengthening Acadiana’s workforce and attracting skilled talent, enhancing Acadiana’s quality of place and business environment, and fostering connections to support businesses at both local and regional levels.”
Three-year Elected Directors:
- Alex Lazard, Destiny of Faith Church
- Danny Nugier, Supreme Rice
- Dr. Mechelle Roberthon, Unitech Training Academy
- Jillian Blanchard, The 705
- Sarah Fawcett-Gary, Acadiana Planning Commission
- Kayla Link, Vermilion Economic Development Alliance
- Lacey Maynor, Leadership Institute of Acadiana
For a full list of One Acadiana’s leadership visit: http://oneacadiana.org/about/leadership
“We warmly welcome the accomplished and dedicated leaders joining the executive committee and board of directors at One Acadiana,” said Troy Wayman, President & CEO of One Acadiana. “As we embark on another promising year, their expertise and commitment will undoubtedly play a pivotal role in advancing our mission of fostering a more robust and vibrant economy in our region.
About One Acadiana
One Acadiana is the chamber of commerce for Lafayette and the leading economic development organization for the nine-parish Acadiana region located in south Louisiana. With more than 800 investors, members, and partners, One Acadiana serves as the voice of the regional business community. The organization is based in the city of Lafayette and serves a region of roughly 700,000 people with a vibrant culture and unique entrepreneurial spirit.