1A seeks a new level of success with IMPACT: The Campaign for One Acadiana
LAFAYETTE, La. – Today, prominent business and community leaders from around the region came together to celebrate the kickoff of One Acadiana’s new five-year strategic campaign. One Acadiana (1A) joined investors, members, and partners to launch “IMPACT – The Campaign for One Acadiana.” This is the economic development organization’s second five-year, $15 million campaign designed to sharpen its ability to capture new and expanding business opportunities and propel Acadiana forward.
In a presentation at M. L. Tigue Moore Field at Russo Park, Troy Wayman, President and CEO of 1A, along with Secretary Don Pierson of Louisiana Economic Development, Steven Hebert of the Billeaud Companies, and Dr. Natalie Harder of South Louisiana Community College outlined 1A’s commitment to make the Acadiana region one of the most sought-after places in the South for emerging businesses and professional talent.
1A completed its strategic planning process in 2019 to assess the region’s competitive position and match its program of work to the opportunities and challenges of a competitive, global economy. Regional partners throughout the public and private sectors informed and helped craft the strategy. As a result of that work, 1A has identified five areas of focus:
- Attract and retain high-paying jobs
- Ensure regional infrastructure investments
- Strengthen Acadiana’s workforce and attract new skilled talent
- Enhance Acadiana’s quality of place and business environment
- Connect and support businesses locally and regionally
The plan builds on 1A’s current program of work, adopted in 2014, that significantly impacted the region through the creation of $479 million in new capital investment, 2,029 new jobs, 589 retained jobs, $60 million in new annual payroll, and assisted in securing $465 million in infrastructure improvements.
“The results of the past five years demonstrate that continued investment in a bold, ambitious program of work is paying off for the region,” Wayman said. “The challenges before us – fostering sustainable economic growth, revitalizing our region’s core, and driving transformational change in workforce development – often seem entrenched but, thanks to the support of 1A investors and the regional business community, we are well-positioned to build on past successes and achieve future results.”
Both measurable and accountable, this plan aligns financial and partner organization resources to achieve both synergy and an exponential return on investment.
Bringing together the best and brightest minds in the Acadiana community for this singular purpose started with convening business leaders as general chairs for the campaign, an honorary campaign cabinet, and campaign cabinet division chairs.
Business leaders named as Campaign General Chairmen:
- David Callecod, President & CEO, Lafayette General Health
- Al Gonsoulin, Chairman & CEO, PHI Inc.
- Lenny Lemoine, CEO, The Lemoine Company
- Dr. Kip Schumacher, Executive Chairman, SCP Health
- Matt Stuller, Chairman & CEO, Stuller, Inc.
- Richard Zuschlag, Chairman & CEO, Acadian Companies
Business leaders named as Honorary Campaign Cabinet:
- Julie Dronet, Retired, Vice President, Cox Acadiana
- Paul Durand, Retired, CEO, St. Martin Bank
- Bill Fenstermaker, Chairman & CEO, FENSTERMAKER
- Gregg Gothreaux, President & CEO, Lafayette Economic Development Authority
- Dr. Natalie Harder, Chancellor, South Louisiana Community College
- Frank Neuner, Founder, Managing Partner, NeunerPate
- Joel Robideaux, Mayor-President, Lafayette Consolidated Government
- Dr. Joseph Savoie, President, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Business leaders named as Campaign Cabinet Division Chairs:
- Blaise Zuschlag, Chief of Staff, Acadian Ambulance
- Sue Durand, President/CEO/Chairman, Washington State Bank
- Katie Chiasson, Senior Business Developer, CLECO
- Buffy Domingue, CEO, Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital
- Anita Fontenot, President, Southwest Fidelity Corporation
- Coatney Raymond, Managing Partner, Buck & Johnny’s
“One Acadiana has become a driving force for our nine-parish region. Over the last five years, we have made significant strides in defining the organization and scope of work,” said Iva Lee Clement, 1A’s 2019 Board Chair and Vice President of Governmental Affairs at SCP Health. “Through the business community’s investment, our impact and influence will continue to make our region a destination for new business and talent.”
“I am proud that Louisiana Economic Development (LED) and One Acadiana have consistently worked together to secure new business and expand existing companies in the Acadiana region,” said Don Pierson, Secretary of LED. “An investment in One Acadiana builds this strong and effective partnership and powers the production of exceptional results.”
1A is now seeking regional community leaders and investors that share in the vision of economic growth and prosperity. Those interested in playing an active part in our community’s future success are invited to learn more by contacting 1A Executive Assistant, Millicent Nugent at email@example.com.
About One Acadiana
One Acadiana is the leading economic development organization for the nine-parish Acadiana region located in south Louisiana. With more than 900 investors and members, One Acadiana serves as the voice of the regional business community. The organization is located in the city of Lafayette and serves a region of roughly 700,000 people with a vibrant culture and unique entrepreneurial spirit. Learn more at OneAcadiana.org