IMPACT: The Campaign for One Acadiana
Nine Parishes.One Acadiana.
One Acadiana (1A) is a business-led organization launched in 2015 with a vision to make the Acadiana region one of the most sought-after places in the South for emerging businesses and professional talent.
To learn more, Contact
President & CEO
1A serves as the regional economic development organization for Acadiana, representing over 600 businesses and individuals throughout Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Jeff Davis, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, and Vermilion parishes. In addition, we also serve as the central business organization for the city
Thanks to the support of 1A investors and the regional business community, the organization has spent the past five years in the execution of a program of work designed to drive the region’s economic prosperity through economic development efforts and through an expansive menu of benefits provided to investors, members, partners, and the business community at large. Over the past five years, 1A has accomplished much with activity indicators such as:
- Engaging with 850 regional businesses to discuss growth and expansion plans
- Assembling the Regional Infrastructure Visioning Report (RIVR) with input and assistance from 85 key stakeholders from all nine parishes
- Building and promoting an award-winning marketing brand “South Louisiana, Real Cajun,” resulting in an increased awareness nationally and internationally of our region’s location, assets, and welcoming business environment
- Developing and deploying a Regional Workforce Development Strategy resulting in 193 Nepris industry chats reaching 5,088 students in 1,106 classrooms, and three Acadiana Opportunity Career Fairs reaching more than 2,700 job seekers
However, the most important metrics of 1A’s collective success are the outcomes those activities helped generate, such as:
- $479.4 Million in New Capital Investment
- 2,029 Total Jobs = 1,002 Direct, 674 Indirect and 353 Induced
- 589 Retained Jobs
- $60 Million in New Annual Payroll
- Assisted in securing $465 Million in Infrastructure improvements
IMPACT: Campaign Goals
- ATTRACT AND RETAIN HIGH-PAYING JOBS
- ENSURE REGIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENTS
- STRENGTHEN ACADIANA’S WORKFORCE AND ATTRACT NEW SKILLED TALENT
- ENHANCE ACADIANA'S QUALITY OF PLACE AND BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
- CONNECT AND SUPPORT BUSINESSES LOCALLY AND REGIONALLY
These impactful results are the product of unified strategic efforts in coordination with regional partners throughout the public and private sectors. Going forward, it will take a concerted, consistent and professional effort to build on past success and achieve future results.
Making An Impact
In 2020, 1A will begin a new five-year campaign, focused on improving Acadiana’s business climate through marketing the region, making meaningful and visible improvements, and inspiring substantial community collaboration and engagement to grow our regional economy. Both measurable and accountable, this plan aligns financial and partner organization resources to achieve both synergy and an exponential return on investment.
One Acadiana is now seeking regional community leaders and investors that share in our vision of economic growth and prosperity.
Meet with 1A President & CEO Troy Wayman.
Subscribe to Our E‑Newsletter!
Get monthly updates on the latest news, events, and initiatives from Acadiana.