Retention & Expansion
Assisting existing business and industry
With an estimated 80% of new jobs created by existing Acadiana companies, we understand that existing businesses are crucial to our region’s economic success.
To learn more, Contact
Rebecca V. Shirley
Director, Business Retention & Expansion
Our Business Retention & Expansion Program is a critical element of our economic development toolkit. The program is focused on gaining knowledge and understanding about your business through a face-to-face visitation program, identifying challenges and opportunities for your business, and creating a path for your business success.
Through active dialogue with the business community, we are committed to growing businesses, capital investment, and employment opportunities in Acadiana.
Contact One Acadiana if you:
- Are beginning construction or hiring new employees.
- Want a single point of contact for local, regional and state issues that hinder business growth.
- Need an advocate who can walk you through necessary approvals and permits.
- Are looking for information on regional, state and federal programs to improve your business.
What We Do
- We visit your business to hear from you. Information gathered in these confidential, face-to-face visits provides us with clarity about your company’s history, products, services, and workforce.
- We take the time to understand your business objectives, successes, and challenges.
- We work with you to develop an action plan and identify the resources and partners that can help you achieve your goals. And we will be with you throughout your project, ensuring its success.
- We create a follow up plan to maintain frequent communication with you to foster a long-term relationship with the business community.
What We Want to Learn
- Are you planning to begin construction or purchase new equipment?
- Do you have project financing needs to enable your business growth?
- Are there infrastructure, utility or other technical obstacles prohibiting growth?
- Are there obstacles to building a trained and qualified workforce?
We use information gathered from businesses to help shape regional business development policies and initiatives, incentives, and assistance to build a better business climate.
Thinking of starting a business? Learn more about One Acadiana's Small and Minority-Owned Business Services.
One Acadiana offers the following professional Business Development Tools, Free of Charge:
- Assist in the exploration of state and local incentives that are available to companies for job creation and expansion.
- Explore workforce training opportunities.
- Provide key data driven information businesses can use as they make investment decisions such as cost of labor, availability of labor, demographics, retail market reports.
- Perform site location assistance.
Explore Our Region
Subscribe to Our E‑Newsletter!
Get monthly updates on the latest news, events, and initiatives from Acadiana.