1. Give us a brief history of your company.
ASHRM was formed in 1978 by local Human Resource Professionals. In February 1980, the organization was chartered with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), which is a worldwide organization of Human Resource Professionals. Our goal is to provide our local practitioners and business leaders with valuable HR resources and networking opportunities. We currently have over 300 members.
2. What would you tell the rest of Acadiana makes you special?
We are not only open to the HR professional. We welcome business leaders and affiliates to our functions. We also provide many community workshops throughout the year which are free and open to the public.
3. What are you most proud of?
We are proud of being awarded the EXCEL Platinum Award for Excellence by SHRM for two consecutive years for the work that we do. We are also excited to expand our voice and our reach to support local youth. Our inaugural HR Industry Week with NEPRIS and One Acadiana was so successful that one of the sessions is now a highlighted session.
4. Where do you see your business in 10 years? What are your plans for the future?
In 10 years Acadiana SHRM will be a mega chapter and the clear voice for Human Resources in Acadiana. Leading the conversation in organization development and employee relations, workplace culture, and compliance.
5. 1A is “Focused on Forward” – meaning we are taking an active role of improving the community we live in. Our members are Focused on Forward, too! – What does Focused on Forward mean to you? How is your company Focused on Forward?
Our focus is on the future of the workforce. We want to support Acadiana companies to prepare their organizations for the workforce of the future. Whether we discuss a mutli-generational workforce, artificial intelligence in business systems, or diversity and inclusion, we will have you ready.