1. Give us a brief history of your company.
JB Team Sports is a retailer of sporting goods equipment and uniforms. We sell directly to High Schools, Colleges, Youth Leagues, etc. Brands that we represent include Adidas, Schutt, Rawlings and many more. James started in the sporting goods industry in 2009. As a salesman, he travels the state of Louisiana, outfitting High School and College teams. With previous experience in E-Commerce, Courtney was brought on board in 2016 to manage online sales and team stores. In 2017, James and Courtney officially launched JB Team Sports.
2. What would you tell the rest of Acadiana makes you special?
In an industry crowded by corporate competitors, being local to Louisiana gives us a distinct edge. As a married couple and business partners, we truly live this industry. It’s important to us that our customers are happy and have a good experience.
3. What are you most proud of?
We’re proud of the relationships we’ve gained. Customers always end up feeling more like friends. We’re able to share in their successes and accomplishments and even their struggles. We really feel like part of their team.
4. Where do you see your business in 10 years? What are your plans for the future?
We’re just getting started. We’re looking forward to expanding into new markets and building a team of customer focused sales professionals.
5. 1A is “Focused on Forward” – meaning we are taking an active role of improving the community we live in. Our members are Focused on Forward, too! What does Focused on Forward mean to you? How is your company Focused on Forward?
Focused on Forward means always looking for ways to improve our customer experience and giving back to our community.